If household goods items are damaged or lost while in the care of your mover, you have the right to file a claim to be compensated for loss or damage. You have 9 months from the date of delivery (or in the event of loss for the entire shipment, from the date your shipment should have been delivered) to file your claim. Intrastate/ local customers should consult their paperwork or with the local Department of Transportation for their state claim requirements.

Valuation claims provide the following:

  • Brief typed letter stating your claim, describing the damage or loss sustained and any grievances.
  • A copy of the Bill of Lading (contract) from your move. If available, please supply the copy signed at the time of delivery.
  • A copy of your Household Goods Descriptive Inventory. If available, please supply the copy signed at the time of delivery.
  • Pictures of the damaged items which clearly convey the extent and severity of the damage.
  • Completed Claim Information Sheet & Claim Work Sheet

Full Valuation Coverage claims should also provide the following:

  • Receipt proof of purchase for claimed items.
  • Manufacturer, Model information & Year purchased.
  • 2 Repair estimates for damaged items. Estimates must be limited to the damage sustained during the move, clearly describe the intended repair and the cost for each repair.
  • State the value or amount you are seeking to recover for each item claimed. 

Third Party Insurance claims should be directed to that companies claims department for assistance. Anthem Claim Management does not process insurance claims. A claim should also be  submitted to Anthem Claim Management within 9 months from the date the shipment was delivered in order to preserve your rights. Your insurance carrier may assume recovery rights and subrogate your claim to the moving company through Anthem Claim Management. 

Sample Photos

Claim Form